The evolution of the Prabal woman continues this season, evoking a strong and confident femininity that is juxtaposed by clean lines. Here are behind the scenes hair tips from hair stylist Anthony Turner, as he works his magic with Hot Tools and Wella at the Prabal Gurung NYFW 2017. The look is a modern take on the classic ponytail with textured tousled hair in the back that is complimented by a boyish look in front with clean combed over hair to create a play on the sexes.
GET THE LOOK
- Prep the hair with WELLA EIMI Sugar Lift Sugar Spray layering it densely all over, and dry using the Hot Tools Tourmaline Turbo Ionic Dryer.
- Once it’s all dried in, use the Hot Tools Soft Grip Paddle Cushion Brush to smooth it out and create a very deep side part on the left.
- Rub the WELLA EIMI Rugged Texture Matte Texturizing Paste into the crown to give it that sleek look.
- Push the front, right section of the hair towards the face, creating a small bump in the front. Break up the hair with fingers for that “lived-in” texture.
- Pull the hair back into a tight ponytail in the dead center of the back of the head.
- Wrap strands around the Hot Tools 1” CURLBAR (available later this February) in different directions, making it look very natural. Rub in the WELLA EIMI Sugar Lift Sugar Spray into the ponytail and break it up.
- Spray the WELLA EIMI Stay Firm Workable Finishing Hairspray all over to complete the sleek look. Let it sit. To finish, blow dry to keep ensure it holds.
Love this!! Never heard of WELLA EIMI Sugar Lift Sugar Spray but I’m definitely going to try it. Love the sleek looks! Such a great time for it. Definitely subscribing for more info from your site. Keep it coming.
Thanks hun! Yea, I am new to WELLA products as well, my hair stylist swears by them!
Love the “future is female’ shirts!
Such a good look on the models, I’ll be trying this out!